18 August 2015 patch
The following patches were deployed on 18 August 2015.
Build Update #10171 (PC and Mac, Hotfix)[edit | edit source]
- Sanitarium crash bug fixed and treatment cost scaling (with hero resolve level) restored.
Build Update #10154 (PC and Mac)[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- corpses cannot be missed
- corpses are not made if killing blow was a crit
- corpses should inherit remaining DOTs if they were killed by a normal hit instead
- lowered small corpse HP slightly
Heroes[edit | edit source]
Houndmaster[edit | edit source]
- fix to scaling bugs where wasn't getting proper proc rates as he leveled up (whistle, debuffs)
- increased base damage
- Hound's Rush: increased accuracy, increased mark bonus, added minor bleed, moved PROT debuff into Whistle
- Harry: increased accuracy, increased dmg
- Whistle: made it a standard mark; added PROT debuff and increased thie debuff relative to prev Hound's Rush PROT debuff)
- Blackjack: increased dmg, added Strong Stun
Bounty Hunter[edit | edit source]
- Collect Bounty: slight tune down to account for increased team synergy from HM having a Mark, too
- Uppercut: added strong stun
Arbalest[edit | edit source]
- Blindfire: improved dmg
- Flare: made partywide and added Light
Grave Robber[edit | edit source]
- increased base dmg
- Thrown Dagger: added a Bleed Resist debuff to increase team synergies
- Flashing Daggers: increased dmg a bit
Various[edit | edit source]
- Plague Doctor / Grave Robber: Increased accuracy of PD and GR blighting attacks to help mitigate PROC risk
- Highwayman: slightly reduced top end base damage and slightly reduced damage of Grapeshot Blast
- Houndmaster and Man-at-Arms cannot guard self
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- PROT: adjusted some starting values and reduced progression scaling on higher level monsters
- tuned down L3 and L5 monsters some
- L1 monsters - lowered crits
- Designated some monster attacks as Can't Crit, to eliminate some edge cases and odd situations (like Howl crits)
- maggots: dropped PROT although was sincerely tempted just to call them "Armored Maggots" and be done
- tweak down PROT of Skel Captain and Skel Defender
- Tuned down Skel Captain multistun a bit
- unclean giant: hits more like a Mack f-in truck
- Giant has a new brain to favor his tree branch
- Cultist Witch has a new brain to favor stress cast
- Swine Drummer has a new brain to favor stress drumming
- ghouls and skel captains: slightly reduced overall threat
- swine wretch dodges more
- swine slasher dodges less
- cauldrons can't be missed HUZZAH
- Higher level cannon bosses sometimes summon more Fusemen (HUZZAH AGAIN)
Economy[edit | edit source]
- Economy pass: scaled up mid and late game costs (hero upgrades, hero treatment, building upgrades) as part of economy balance pass
- Hero upgrade costs: lowered initial costs but scaled up later upgrade costs significantly
- Building upgrade costs: increased costs of mid and later upgrades significantly
- Increased extra treasure resulting from dark conditions (low torch/dark runs) to try to make the risk worthwhile
- Hero treatment costs increase with hero Resolve Level. After all, Veteran heroes take more work to fix, drink more, need more soul-searching, and have weirder fetishes!
Misc[edit | edit source]
- Added the option to turn off Tutorial messages (see OPTIONS screen)
- RNGesus: tinkering underneath the hood to reduce some of the most outlandish sequences of monster crits or dodges
- Quest Generation: all new logic to generate quests that better match your roster. This should reduce the situations where you have a full roster of 5s but only get L1 quests, or vice-versa.
- TIME PASSING IN TOWN: time will no longer pass in town if you started a quest and immediately retreated. You must make some progress (in one of several measured ways) for time to pass. If time doesn't pass, heroes won't *complete treatment, quests won't re-roll, stage coach won't refill, etc. This *shouldn't* overly penalize unlucky runs because some of the measure of progress will account for this. The feature is mainly designed to prevent *loading a dungeon and quitting back out just to roll town.
- Also, If time does not pass during the raid, the retreating heroes won't get quirks or diseases. However, they will still suffer retreat stress.
- Death's Door: reduced stress penalties for repeated Death's Doors during the same combat. Let's face it--after you've stared down Death several times in the same battle, the fear diminishes...
- Bleeds and Blights (heroes and monsters): ensured all have a 5 step progression in terms of proc chance so there aren't dead spots at upgrades 2 and 4
- EFFECTS: removed duration overrides for some effects where it was not intended, separated out mark side effects in to their own effects
- Medicinal Herbs no longer cure bleed/blight (this was a bug)
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- cleaned up extra "" printing in the hero files
- string fixes / missing strings (e,g, disease treatment)
- Fixing bark transitions.
- Handling if nobody is available to bark during town stress presentation.
- Bug fix in the heirarchical_file. Fixes problem with options not being saved properly.
- fixed another bug with updating the name in the activity log's hero level up entry.
- making sure that awarded trinkets from the previous raid aren't included in the pool of trinkets that can be misplaced by a hero in an activity.
- Fixed negative quirk cost exploit when assigning a hero to a sanitarium slot.
- Fixed bug in effects which prevented the Skull Adrenaline effect from being applied until camp.
- Moved the initial swap to be after the swap interval has been set. Potential steam overlay fix.
- Fixed up loot box when there are too many items.
- fixed bug where quirks weren't awarded if the quest wasn't completed instead of using conditions for a week being complete.
- Fixing up bug where you could equip two trinkets of the same type.
- Monsters shouldn't try to target friendly corpses.
- Reformated saving of goals.
- Updating starting save to new raid version.