|This article is a stub. You can help Darkest Dungeon Wiki by .|
When a hero is reduced to 0 HP, they fall into Death's Door.
While in this state, they will suffer severe stat penalties, plus the hero has to pass a Death Blow resistance test if he/she takes any further damage. The unmodified base chance of dying from further damage is 33% (due to 67% basic Death Blow resist without any special quirks or trinkets). Failing this resistance test results in Death.
Death Blow resistance is capped at a maximum of 87%. For example, even if a hero has bonuses (from trinkets or quirks) that give an additional 30% Death Blow resistance which would give an expected resist of 97% (67% + 30%), it would instead still be capped at 87%.
A hero will no longer be "at Death's Door" if they receive at least 1 HP of healing (so that they are no longer at 0 HP). Once healed above 0 HP, the severe Death's Door stat penalties will be removed, but they will still suffer from (less severe) "Death's Door Recovery" penalties; these penalties typically last until the quest is over, or by applying certain Camping Skills that can remove Mortality Debuffs.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Heart Attack Recovery Penalties: -3 ACC, -10% DMG, -2 SPD, -15% Stress (until the end of the quest)
Flagellant is the only hero who has higher base Death Blow resistance of 73% and receives unique Death's Door buffs:
- At Death's Door: +5 ACC, +20% DMG, +2 SPD, +20% Stun resist, +20% Blight resist, +20% Bleed resist, +20% Debuff resist
He's also immune to Death's Door Recovery debuffs, but will receive Heart Attack Recovery debuffs if he survived a heart attack.
Quirks that Affect Death Blow Resistance[edit | edit source]
- Unyielding: +10% Death Blow resist
- Weak Grip on Life: -10% Death Blow resist
Trinkets that Affect Death Blow Resistance[edit | edit source]
Generic Trinkets[edit | edit source]
|Trinket Image||Trinket Name||Rarity||Origin Dungeon||Effect||Additional Notes|
|Book of Holiness||Rare||
|Martyr's Seal||Very Rare||
Hero Trinkets[edit | edit source]
Camping skills that Affect Death's Door[edit | edit source]
- The Crusader's Stand Tall: -15 Stress, remove Mortality Debuffs on one companion
- The Occultist's Dark Ritual: reduce Torchlight by 100, +15 stress on self, heal 50% HP, remove Mortality Debuffs on one companion
- The Vestal's Sanctuary: prevent Night-Time Ambush, heal 50% HP, -25 Stress on any companion that has Mortality Debuffs