Food is used :
- while Camping
- to eat when your party gets hungry.
- to heal the party member selected(which is not recommended, unless your hero is at Death's Door, because it is very inefficient)
It is recommended to take at least 8 Food on a short mission, 16 Food on a medium mission, and about 24 Food for a long mission. Additionally, you can take more amounts of Food for missions longer than a short mission in order to benefit from feeding your party 8 Food during camping (if your current party consists of 4 heroes without any trinkets or quirks affecting food consumed) for more healing and stress healing, otherwise it would be suggested to take less Food to save more money but still be able to give your party Food through camping to use camping skills and also keep food tiles at bay from starving your party.
Food and Hunger[edit | edit source]
On the occasion, the player will receive a popup message alerting them to the party's hunger. The exact mechanics of when the alert might pop up can be found on the Hunger page.
- The Stress Eater Quirk(+100% Food consumed if Stress above 50; A single hero cannot have Stress Eater and Stress Faster at once)
- The Stress Faster Quirk(-100% Food consumed if Stress above 50; A single hero cannot have Stress Eater and Stress Faster at once)
- Tapeworm infection(+100% Food consumed)
- Bloodthirst Rings(Common. -100% Food Consumed)
- Fasting Seals(Rare. -100% Food consumed, no damage from starvation)
- Hunter's Talons(Rare, Bounty Hunter only. +50% Food consumed)
- Viscount's Spices(Boss Trophy, +100% Food Consumed if has Crimson Curse)
You cannot have two identical trinkets equipped on the same hero, but you may wear two different ones to counteract a Tapeworm or Stress eater Quirk you cannot spare the time or money to remove. Equipping a character who has neither with two -100% Food consumption trinkets provides no cumulative benefit.
Do note, If you do not have at least enough Food for the entire party to be fed, the entire party is forced to starve, and no Food will be eaten, regardless of any Food you may have below the threshold. Remember to set Food aside for everyone who needs it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Ruins have the lowest chance out of all dungeons to provide Food through Curios.
- It is possible to receive more healing from eating Food by increasing Healing Received (with buffs like Experimental Vapours from the Plague Doctor, or Battlefield Bandage from an Arbalest) on the hero that is going to consume said Food.