Whenever the player takes too long to defeat the opposing enemies in either a hallway battle or a room battle, they will at first suffer minor stress damage across the whole party of heroes. One turn forward from this enemy reinforcements will appear, meaning that 2 extra enemies will spawn. The reinforcements can be composed of any enemies that may appear in the current dungeon, although the pairs always seem to carry a theme (e.g. both having the same prefix, such as "Fungal" or "Cultist"). The purpose of the penalties is to prevent the player from stalling to heal both health and destress before continuing on with the rest of the dungeon.
Reinforcements can be disabled in the gameplay settings under Combat Delay Penalties, however these settings cannot be altered within Stygian or Blood Moon game modes. If you do disabled reinforcements then the player will not receive the below achievement:
|Strict Mode||Complete the game with default difficulty options|
Stalling Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- The first Stall Penalty is increased stress across the party.
- The second Stall Penalty is a turn after the first one, enemy reinforcements will appear, the party will receive the same stress penalty as in a first Stall Penalty.
- Enemies spawned by reinforcement penalty will not award additional loot.
Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Stall Penalties will not occur if the remaining enemy is a 'large' creature (takes up 2 spaces).
- The first Stall Penalty will occur if both of these 2 conditions are met:
- At the end of two full rounds after there is 2 or fewer enemies remaining.
- When a player uses 2 or more stalling moves when there are 2 or fewer enemies remaining.
- If the remaining 2 enemies are one of or a combination of the below enemies, the first Stall Penalty is reached after only 1 round.
Stalling Moves[edit | edit source]
|Exclusive to The Crimson Court DLC|
|Exclusive to The Shieldbreaker DLC|