About forced interaction[edit source]
quote: However, there is a brief window of time during a forced curio interaction where the player may still use a supply item.
Throbbing Coccoons[edit source]
Torch can only be used on Courtyard. I tried to add that information after Torch but it doesn't work. If someone knows a better way to add that information please edit the page.
New Pile of Scrolls skin[edit source]
- There's actually quite a few new art for Curios, from what I can tell. I'm slowly adding them, but depending on what the file itself looks like I may or may not be able to add ones like that because of the effects (for example, I also can't figure out how to add the new effect for the Holy Fountain in the Ruins) GentleIceZ (talk) 18:37, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
About the Shipment Crate[edit source]
I would like to point out something about the Shipment Crate, in case anyone notices that in game it's called "Ancestor's Relic." Thing is that's also what the name of the item you get from it, so instead I've put down the file name rather than the in game name since we can't use the same name for both. I don't think it's that big of a deal (especially since I'm pretty sure it's just an in game typo), but if anyone has a problem with it let me know and we'll figure something out. GentleIceZ (talk) 15:36, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
Chances are off on decorative urn[edit source]
I couldn't help notice the chances for different effects on the urns add up to well over 100%, so some of those numbers must be wrong.--220.127.116.11 00:21, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing that out. We're redoing the tables right now, so we'll fix it soon. But just in case you are anyone else needs to know in the meantime, I'll write down here what the code says;
- 44.44% Loot
- 22.22% Blight
- 11.11% Disease: 66.7% Creeping Cough, 33.3% Random
- 22.22% Nothing
- Although, this is 99.99, but I guess it's better, right? :p GentleIceZ (talk) 02:41, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Saving space in the table[edit source]
In order to find space for the information contained in individual curio pages (that we intend to eliminate, integrating them into the nice table we have here) we should make information take less space. I propose putting "Interaction with item" in the same column as "cleansing item": this way we save an entire column worth of space for all curios that don't have a cleansing item; the "cleansing item" column should have enough space of its own since it only contains an image; moreover, when browsing the middle of the table, it's uncertain which column means what unless one goes back all the way to the top to make sure. We should also change "interaction" with "effect" since, well, it's the wrong word for what we mean... I'll make these changes myself if nobody opposes them. --itaShadd (talk) 03:55, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
Re: Bookshelf[edit source]
Not sure what the %chance is (so I didn't add it to the entry) but I just got Vertigo from a Bookshelf. At this time the Bookshelf entry does not mention disease.
- I have also experienced disease from a bookshelf. In my case, it was "the worries."
Cove update[edit source]
So, there is a lot of new curios to add ! let's add it what we saw.
- Barnacle crusted chest = nothing; + shovel = loot (gold, trinket, item); + key = nothing; + antivenom =-stress;
- Brackish tide pool = blight/bleed/disease/debuff until camp +33% OR disease; + shovel OR holy water OR torch = nothing;
- Bas relief = +positive quirk OR +negative quirk; + herbs OR holy water OR bandages = nothing; +shovel= stress at 100;
- Fish caracass = food + gems OR nothing OR disease ; +bandage = nothing +herbs = gold, gems, items;
- Fish Idol; + holy water = +18% damage 3 rounds; + torch OR herbs OR shovel = nothing;
- Giant Oyster = bleed; + key OR herbs OR holy water OR bandages = nothing; + shovel = gold and trinket;
- Eerie Coral = -10 stress OR +25 stress; + holy water OR + shovel OR + bandages OR + torch OR + key= nothing;
- Ship's figurehead = +20% damage and +4 speed until camp OR -stress; + bandages OR holy water OR shovel OR torch = nothing;
- I think it looks better with the image like that... However, did you delete all the interactions that were in the system? I think that was somewhat necessary to get the actual interactions.. --Z3ther (talk) 10:39, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- What do you mean? I removed all the "No" interactions and filled in all the other interactions that were missing. I don't see a reason to list all the non-possible interaction items. Or perhaps you're confused because you don't see any interactions on the template's page? That's because I made them hidden unless the values are set. --AlphaD (talk) 16:11, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Hope it's alright for me to post this - I'm going to start making note of what Curio's appear where, and want to add it to this page. Would that suit the mods? Or would you rather be given the data to update it yourselves in your own fashion.
for now, add it to the description of the item. As time goes we'll see where to best put it.
Data Formatting[edit source]
Loving the work on Curios so far! I went ahead and fixed the (otherwise pretty cool) template you made. The length the infobox now should alway stay the same reagradless of the image size. I also could make it so that the colum sizes don't change based ont eh imgae size, but I'm not sure if it's better to have smaller images or slightly disaligned colums and original size images. --Dooomspeaker (talk) 18:00, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
I am torn on the images really, while I want to have both states included it is tough to decide what will work out in the long run. I have been sticking to 50% size of the original images but that is still an issue in some cases with both horizontal or vertical image stacking. A review of the final choice when all images are in might be in order for which way to go to best present the content in a reasonable way. As for the interaction options, that is the last thing I plan to put in as I am still sorting through the files and some customized game play to get a solid understanding of all choices and results. --NecroSanct (talk) 19:43, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
Yeah it takes a bit of time to be able to properly read the data in the files. We can always build in tabs so that you can switch between multiple images of the same object without it consuling too much space.
May be an error in my browser: break in the Warrens section reading "Sacrificial Stone. provision=Purge,,negative,1,100.00% " before the Sacrifical Stone line which prevents the Warrens section from collapsing properly.
Mummified Remains + Bandage = item[edit source]
all in the subject
Heirlooms chest + Antivenom = seems like to work as key[edit source]
Saw it and rewinded like 5 times a video from FIlthy Robot's twitch. (Sorry for not posting link, but the guy has like 6k videos on twitch, can not find it)
Additional Information Adds?[edit source]
.cvs scouring has been done to get the current curio data here
Found that there are different types of treasure drops (Poor/Good, and then Heirloom/Food/Torch specific)
Could probably use a place to indicate the odds/effects for if the player opens the item raw, and then codifying the treasure types. Example:
But I'm sure my formatting is terrible. Thoughts?
Good idea! Gimme a few minutes ad I'll fit ito the template itself. Check your example again and you'll see that is has been adjusted to now properly work with the template.
Character Limit?[edit source]
It seems we may have reached the limit on this page as it appears to be cutting off right after Sarcophagus. Either way this was always going to be a long page so something has to be done to tighten it up, what exactly that is I am not sure really.--NecroSanct (talk) 00:59, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- Na, we didn't hit a limt, someone just tried to sort the templates like I did on teh character pages and didn't do so properly. I removed the table for now, so it's easier to work with. After the page is shaping up a bit more I'll gladly align them templates so that the page is more form fitting.
Not sure who's been adding the different Curios, because I've been finding some inconsistencies with the game, some of the Interactions are different then we have labeled. I think whoever copied and pasted them just kept the "no's" in the same spot without checking all the different objects. I think we're going to need to go through and change some of the no's on questionable objects to N/A, since otherwise it's pointless to have a guide for people with wrong info. my 2 cents. --Z3ther (talk) 17:16, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- I guess it will boil down to crawling through data files. No way around confirming the entire list by hand. Until then the best course of action would at least be to template every Curio to have at least the description and image set up. :--Dooomspeaker (talk) 23:45, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed. It helps people that want to add things instead of tellig them that it must have been something else triggering the effect.
- Maybe I'll get a script running that translates the *.darkest file directly into some useable wiki-code (tailored to the template that is). Well let's keep that possibility a maybe for now.
Darkest Dungeon curios[edit source]
These damned tables draw me to insanity so i just leave this information here: Ancestor's Knapsack is the only type of the curios to be found in the Darkest Dungeon. Doesn't need cleansing, contains gold, gems and an Ancestral Trinket, if you dont have all of them. Ancient Artifact is a curio found in the Secret room. Cleansing item - the Key. Drop with the key: Puzzling Tropaheziwhateverdron and the Head trinkets if you dont have them (same loot as The Collector) Without the key: gold and gems. Iron Crown and Locus Beacon are the quest curios. Transcendent Terror is a NG+ exclusive curio found on the Old Road (starting location). No cleansing item, interacting with it gives +100 stress.JustShadowll (talk) 18:28, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
Disease forcing interaction[edit source]
It seems like the tapeworm disease forces interactions with food related curios (fish carcass for instance). I did not look into it in detail as I've only seen it happen with the fish carcass, someone that has tested this or has more knowledge on this might update the page
incorrect courtyard curio information[edit source]
Looking at the curio files, it appears chances/results are off for some of the curios, but I'd like someone to verify to be sure I'm reading them correctly:
This seems to indicate there are 3 diseases, the last being the crimson curse? This changes the % chance of the diseases if so.
,,REGION FOUND,,Loot,1,20.00%,A_COURTYARD,1,<- # Draws,BLOOD_LOW,1,<- # Draws,A,1,
The page currently shows a chance to bleed with loot, but
BLOOD_LOW is a loot table for The Blood.
Blood Shrew Hooded
Again missing the crimson curse (curio_curse) disease?
This is not an exhaustive list, just a few things that jumped out, so it might be worthwhile to review the curios completely, providing I haven't misunderstood the curio formatting. Also there are curios missing for the treasure chests and the Elder Blood Shrew.
Sacrifical Stone[edit source]
Just got a massive 80 Stress on my Lvl 0 Barbarian. Filled up the meter completely and gave her an affliction. Maybe the old +50 stress value is not true any more? --18.104.22.168 12:56, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
- No it appears to still use 'Stress 4' effect, which is still 50 stress. AFAIK light levels and hero resolve levels apply to curio stress as well. Splintermind (talk) 10:43, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
Add Wizened Shrew to Crimson Court section[edit source]
I'd do this myself but I'm having trouble even figuring out how to put another row into the list of curios.
Here's the data about the Wizened shrew located in the file \DarkestDungeon\dlc\580100_crimson_court\curios
,6,Blood Shrew Elder,,Good,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,ID STRING,,RESULT TYPES,WEIGHT,% CHANCE,RESULT 1,R1 WEIGHT,R1 %,RESULT 2,R2 WEIGHT,R2 %,RESULT 3,R3 WEIGHT,R3 %,STRING,NOTES
,,cc_shrew_elder,,Nothing,1,25.00%,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,The supplicant is incoherent and penniless. Harmless.,
,,REGION FOUND,,Loot,0,,,,<- # Draws,,,<- # Draws,A,1,<- # Draws,The shrew seems oblivious to the hero's pilfering.,
,,FULL CURIO?,,Effect,2,33.33%,Eldritch Killer 2,1,100.00%,,,,,,,"The shrew performs a strange ritual, but the results seem positive!",
,,TAGS,,Scouting,2,50.00%,1 - map,1,100.00%,,,,,,,A greasy vellum is proferred to the hero.,
,,Unholy,,Disease,1,7.69%,curio_curse,1,50.00%,random,1,50.00%,,,,The shrew's filthy grasp is like iron and its nails rake the hero!,
,,Item Interactions,,ITEM,RESULT TYPE,,RESULT 1,R1 WEIGHT,R1 %,RESULT 2,R2 WEIGHT,R2 %,RESULT 3,R3 WEIGHT,R3 %,STRING,NOTES
,,,,the_blood#estate,Loot,,T,3,100.00%,,,,,,,"From a hidden fold, the shrew offers up a rare treasure!",
- Missing also the Forgotten Strongbox (found in the south east in the viscount dungeon), which carry a Crimson Court trinket. --Liruox (talk) 20:37, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
Eldritch Altar Interaction[edit source]
Hello! I had a new interaction with the tentacle altar today. This was on Radiant, and I think it was in the Warrens. It cleansed a negative quirk without use of Holy Water. The flavor text on it was something along the lines of "energies lash out, destroying a sinful behavior".
I've never seen this before, and haven't run into one since then today, so I didn't want to just put it on the table, especially since I don't know what percentage chance it might be. But has anyone else had this happen?
- According to the raws it's a 10% chance (previously was a 10% chance to give a negative quirk). Splintermind (talk) 09:41, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
Brackish Tide Pool Issue[edit source]
Effect 1 has the image of a debuff, yet it is a buff. I do not know how to fix this, someone please fix this thank you. 22.214.171.124 08:57, 28 January 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed. As you know, there is (odd) words priority which determine the image, it's about template (and I don't have any right to change it). I found a temporary way to get around. --Liruox (talk) 04:57, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Curio Verification[edit source]
Found a curio on one of my Farmstead runs that wasn't listed here. I don't have any known mods that influence Farmstead. I only ask this since right after I interacted with the curio, I got an achievement "Tears Lost in the Dust,". Once this curio is verified to be either legitimate (or not), can someone add another entry to Farmstead curios?--SuperMushroomBoi (talk) 11:44, 24 June 2018 (UTC)
Mildred's curio currently has a broken link for her screenshot. I updated Mildred.jpg to be a higher resolution. Mildred.jpg should be converted to Mildred.png (I think only admins can remove media to allow for Mildred.png to be made) and it needs to be crops (I don't have the photopshop skills to do it) -- Ealon (talk) 17:44, 4 Aug 2018 (UTC)
Trinket Set Chest[edit source]
By mistake I opened a trinket chest with a key, and I ended up looting only a few busts and gold. The trinket was not here. Do not use keys on those chests!