|Actions per round|
The Templar Impaler is a miniboss which guards the altars in the second quest in the Darkest Dungeon. He takes 2 actions per turn, one of which is typically a Revelation attack. His other action will be spent on one of his remaining attack abilities, all of them equally dangerous.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Bringing all 3 Talismans of the Flame is required in order to survive this fight. Your party member who is left unprotected from the devastating Revelation should be guarded by a MAA or Houndmaster. Alternately an Antiquarian can be brought without the trinket and she can use "Protect Me" skill to make another unit guard her.
- You'll also want to bring a lot of Antivenom - the Impaler can apply heavy blight. Similarly, Holy Water can help prevent you from being blighted in the first place.
- When fighting the double Templars, it would be recommended to focus down the Warlord first, as it is the one with the less amount of HP.
- If you manage to stun them after each revelation attack, you can really minimize the amount of damage they deal to almost none if the Revelation lands on a protected hero.
- If you can displace the Impaler to the back row you will be safe from the Stinger Stab, which deals massive Blight damage. Considering their mediocre Move Resistance, this can be a pretty feasible task.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Torment||Melee||1, 2, 3, 4.||1+2.||103.75%||7%||8-17||No Effect||No Effect|
|Stinger Stab||Melee||1, 2.||1, 2, 3.||103.75%||7%||9-20||150% Blight 10||No Effect|
|Body Slam||Melee||1, 2, 3.||1, 2, 3.||98.75%||14%||8-18|| 150% Push 2
|Revelation||Ranged||1, 2, 3, 4.||1, 2, 3, 4.||123.75%||0%||16-26||Stress +40||No Effect|
Related Enemies[edit | edit source]
All Areas[edit | edit source]
The Darkest Dungeon[edit | edit source]
- Ascended Brawler
- Ascended Witch
- Rapturous Cultist
- Cultist Priest
- Templar Warlord
- Templar Gladiator
- Templar Sniper
Gallery[edit | edit source]